About Clinical Engineering Research Center Faculty of Medicine Center
The Clinical Engineering Research Center Faculty of Medicine at Oita Unniversity was established as part of the Eastarn Kyushu Medical Valley Framework on 1st November 2011.
This course aims to create a stronghold for research and development in vascular and venous medicine in Oita prefecture and to foster personnel that can handle vascular and venous medical technology.This Clinical Engineering Course at Oita University has been endowed by a company in Oita prefecture, Kawasumi Laboratories Co,.Ltd.Another aim of this course is to consolidate the system for research and development by fostering collaboration between academia, industry and government.
This will include building a system that can coordinate research between clinical sites and companies.And finally, it aims to promote the basic research to strengthen the development capability and global competitiveness of the medical device makers which are grouped in Oita prefecture.
The goal to strengthen industrial development through an educational course is unprecedented at Oita University.
- Long term circulatory assist with a miniature mixed-flow blood pump.
- Development of a portable circulatory assist system.
- Development of a new sternal binding belt using a woven twisted steel fiber.
- Development of an atraumatic perfusion catheter.
- Application of the bio-sheet to cardiac surgery.
Dr. Hirofumi Anai
- Coronary artery surgery, Adult cardiac surgery, Artificial heart
- LICENSE / BOARD CERTIFICATION
- Certified Doctor and Specialist Physician by the Japan Surgical Society
- Certified Doctor by the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery
- Medical Specialist-Cardiovascular Surgery
- Operation Doctor-Implantable Auxiliary Artificial Heart
- POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- 1991.5 Resident, Artificial Organ Dept, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute
- 1994.7 Research Fellow, Texas Heart Institute(Houston Texas, U.S.A.)
Dr. Tadashi Tomo
- DEGREE, LICENSE
- 1987.5 Medical doctor license ( No, 305745)
- 1992.8 Certified doctor of Internal Medicine (No, 1036, Japanese society of Internal Medicine)
- 1993.10 Certified doctor of Dialysis therapy (No, 2353 Japanese society of Dialysis therapy)
- 1995.10 Certified teaching doctor of Dialysis therapy(No,1144 Japanese society of Dialysis therapy)
- 2000.9 Ph. D. (Oita Medical University)
- 2005.4 Certified Nephrologist of Japanese society of Nephrology (No, 205067, Japanese society of Nephrology)
- 2008.4 Attending Nephrologist of the Japanese Society of Nephrology(No, 002360 , Japanese society of Nephrology)
- INTERNATIONAL PATENT
- Hironobu Murase, Tomo T Agent for inhibiting peritoneal membrane thickening：Patent No US 8,842,262,B2
- Biophysics, welfare equipment, food science
- EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- 1996.3 Tokyo University of Science graduated from Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering Science
- 1996.4 University of Tokyo Graduate School of Science Department of Biochemistry
- 2001.4 Research Institute for Mutagenic Genetics Department, National Pharmaceutical Food Hygiene Laboratory
- 2001.12 Dr. Erasmus University Medical Center Dutch researcher in the Netherlands
- 2005.11 Ph.D. researcher at Molecular Medicine Institute, Oxford University, UK
- 2008.10 Kyushu University Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences Biological Function Science Division Microbial Engineering Laboratory Academic Researcher
- 2010.4 Oita University School of Medicine Department of Environmental and Preventive Medicine Assistant Professor
- 2015.4 Assistant Professor, Clinical Medical Engineering Center attached to Oita University Medical School
Department of Clinical Engineering Center
（1F, Clinical Research Build.）1-1 Idaigaoka, Hasama-machi, Yufu-City OITA 879-5503, JAPAN
EASTERN KYUSHU MEDICAL VALLEY FRAMEWORK
- Eastern Kyushu Medical Valley Framework (Japanese Site)
- OITA Prefectural Government, Commerce, Industry and Labor Department Office for Attracting Industry (Japanese Site)
- The organization to promote the Health-care And Medical device Industry in K(Q)yushu (HAMIQ)